- Learn to utilize built-in PHP functions to build calendar tools and photo galleries.
- Learn how jQuery can be used for Ajax, animation, client-side validation, and more.
- Learn jQuery UI and how to create drag-and-drop features easily.
What you’ll learn
- Use PHP to build a calendar application that allows users to post events with accompanying photos.
- Use jQuery to allow the calendar app to be viewed and edited without requiring page refreshes using built-in Ajax functions.
- Build an image management class using object-oriented PHP that will allow image uploads, and then resize the images and generate thumbnails automatically.
- Learn jQuery plug-in development patterns and create an image “lightbox” to accompany the image gallery class.
- Learn the basics of jQuery effects, including fading elements, generating HTML markup on the fly, and creating modal windows.
- Dive into the jQuery UI tools and create image gallery management tools that will allow users to drag and drop photos to reorder the gallery.
Dowbload ebook Pro PHP and jQuery